Pete Lamb Annual Fishing Competition June 16, 17, 18 2017
Boat and shore fishing sections, kids, juniors, ladies and kayaks
$10,000 + in prize value
cost - $30pp Open section, $20pp shore only, $10pp junior section, $5pp kids section
Species of fish
Open section - kahawai, tarakihi, bluecod, gurnard, snapper, kingfish, groper/bass/bluenose
shore only - redcod, blue moki, spotted shark, barracouta, trevally
kids - spotty, herring, mackerel, parrotfish
shore fishers may enter the open section and compete for both shore and open species
Juniors (up to 15yrs) can compete in open and shore sections
Tasline, Daiwa, Southern Bait, Fishing NZ, The Double Glazing Guys, Penn, Gasworks, Fishy Business TV3
Conaghans, Black Magic, Nacsan, Jiggle lures, Decoro, Victory Knives, JIG Ice, Catch Lures, The Cross, Kilwell, Bite Fishing
1. The Competition will run 5am Friday 16th June to 3pm Sunday 18th June 2017. All fish must be caught on rod and reel, or hand line. No unattended lines permitted. 2 hooks per rig and 2 rods per angler permitted to be fished at any one time. Anglers must bring there own fish to the shore/boat un-aided unless in the kids section.
2. Juniors, kids and ladies must be entered in the shore or boat section to be eligible for prizes in those sections
3. Fishing may be done off the shore, rocks, boat or kayak.
4. Fishing area – Castlepoint to Cape Palliser and along the south coast to Cape Terawhiti, inside Wellington harbour and up to 10 miles offshore. Cape Terawhiti up to Tehoro beach (on the west). Excluding the cook strait cable zone and marine reserves
5. Skippers of boats must check in with Pete Lamb Fishing prior to starting fishing, and must check out upon returning from the days fishing. As a mandatory requirement all boats must carry an operable VHF radio, 1 flare and lifejacket per person, first aid kit and cellphone. VHF radio in kayak is optional.
6. Weighins - Friday 4-5pm, Saturday 4-5pm, Sunday 3-4pm @ Pete's Shops. All fish must be left whole (no gutting) and be in good condition (kept on ice).
7. The Competition briefing and updates will be posted on www.petelambfishing.co.nz and on Pete Lamb Fishing's Facebook page
8. Boating can be dangerous and potentially life threatening. Skippers are responsible for ensuring the safety of their own boats, crew and boating equipment. All entrants, boat owners and spectators participate at their own risk. Pete Lamb Fishing Ltd, its employees, sponsors and volunteers (together "the organizers") accept no responsibility in any respect for personal injury, loss or damage to property arising out of or in connection with the Competition, regardless of cause. Each entrant releases the organizers to the fullest extent permitted by law from all claims or demands of any kind and from all liability which may arise in respect of any incident associated with the Competition. Each entrant also agrees not to bring any action, claim or demand against the organizers in respect of the Competition and agrees to indemnify the organizers for all the costs, claims, demands, expenses (including full legal expenses) arising in respect of their participation in the Competition. The holding of the Competition does not constitute an endorsement by the organizers that the weather or sea conditions are suitable for the boats and/or entrants.
9. The Competition is held in the spirit of amateur fishing and fair competition. If, in the opinion of the Fishing Competition Committee, competitors have breached the spirit of the Competition then the Committee reserves the right to exclude competitor(s). The Fishing Competition Committee's decision is final.
10. Prize list may change on the Fishing Committee's decision.
11. The Fishing Competition Committee reserves the right to designate a restricted fishing area should the weather deem it necessary to do so. The Fishing Competition Committee's decision is final in all matters to do with this fishing competition. It would pay to check prior to the days fishing if there are any restrictions in place.
12. Cancellation of fishing will be on www.petelambfishing.co.nz and on Pete's Facebook page. If all days are cancelled then the competition will be rescheduled to the next available weekend.
13. Any prizes not struck will be drawn out of the hat.
14. Anglers may only weighin one fish per specie, per day
15. In the event of a tie the 1st angler weighing in wins
16. One fish is only eligible for one prize
I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR PRIZES AND SPONSORSHIP AND A LOCATION FOR THE PRIZEGIVING
if you can help ph 0274439750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org